foraus and the Think Tank Hub, in collaboration with On Think Tanks have become a pioneer in hosting and co-organizing the first on-site training for Thinktankers. The WinterSchool for Thinktankers (WISCH) is a unique opportunity for young and proactive individuals who are eager to develop their knowledge and understanding of Think Tanks, and prepare themselves to become future policy entrepreneurs.
We welcome thinktankers from around the world, working in all think tank roles, including in research, fundraising, communications, project management or human resources.
The course is designed for early and mid-career thinktankers, aspiring to future leadership roles. But we also welcome policy entrepreneurs interested in setting up their own think tank, recent graduates or experienced thinktankers who are perhaps moving into leadership positions or facing a particular challenge.
The WinterSchool for Thinktankers is a seven-day intensive course at the heart of international policy and collaboration in Geneva.
The programme focuses on five core areas:
- Think tank governance and management
- Policy relevant research agendas
- Communication strategies
- Fundraising, financial management and accountability
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning of policy influence
The programme includes:
- Lectures and guided groupwork with former think tank directors and practitioners
- Networking events
- Visits to the UN and other international agencies
- City tour of Geneva
Taught by expert practitioners, the programme is designed to:
- Prepare and inspire the next generation of think tank leaders
- Build a community of emerging think tank leaders to support and learn from each other
- Encourage participants to reflect on their own organisation and how to support its development
The WinterSchool costs 1,200 CHF (U$D 1200). This covers:
- 7-day face-to-face School, including expert lectures, learning activities, networking events, and visits to key institutions in Geneva
- An online study pack
- Lunch during the School
- City tour of Geneva
- Access to an online forum for fellow participants, alumni and OTT School experts and team
- Diploma upon completion of a personal learning journal
- Access to On Think Tanks Fellows and Alumni network
Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation to Geneva, and will need to cover their costs.
WinterSchool for Thinktankers Video
The goal of the WinterSchool for Thinktankers is not only practical training of the participants, but also to provide chances for various networking gatherings, several visits to the UN and other international agencies, and the experience to meet prestigious organisations such as Chatham House, the UN Library, The International Labour Organization (ILO). Interested? More information and testimonies are available on this website: https://www.thinktankhubgeneva.org/wisch.